• Reside within the Landrum 29356/Spartanburg School District One area; and, enrolled in a District One public, private school, or home-schooled.
• Obtain a high school diploma in May/June 2023.
• Recipients must be committed to an employer or already employed in their chosen vocation OR
accepted/enrolled for Fall 2023 at a technical or trade school, college, or university.
• Additional consideration will be given to applicants if they are the first immediate family member furthering their education beyond high school.
• We understand not everyone tests well so GPA, SAT, or ACT scores are not a major consideration.
• Recipients are required to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours at the Operation Hope, Inc. Thrift Store during the summer of 2023.
• Applications may be obtained from the Guidance Counselors’ office at Landrum High School or Chapman High School; Operation Hope Assistance Office; or www.operationhopelandrum.org.
DEADLINE to have completed application packages received on or before Operation Hope: Friday, 2/17/2023
• Complete the application in its entirety and your name written/typed on every item in the packet.
• Copy of applicants’ high school transcript
• Recommendation letters in sealed envelopes from two persons unrelated to the applicant who have been influential in the applicant’s life while they attend high school during 2018 – 2023 school years.
• A 200+ word essay authored by the applicant sharing about yourself using the list below as a guide. Please use 12-font Times New Roman and the essay be double-spaced.
*What are your aspirations for your future,
*Tell about people who have been influential in your life,
*Share about your faith journey,
*What do you believe your gifts or talents are?
*What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?
*Share how you have helped others in your life; or, how someone has helped you.
• Representatives of Operation Hope board, volunteers and the Executive Director will review all
scholarship applications, letters, and essays; and then a select few of the representatives will meet with applicants.
• Decisions to determine scholarship recipient(s) will be made based on their essays, recommendation letters, and in-person or virtual meetings.
• If anyone has questions about the criteria, eligibility, or process, please contact Susan Tompkins @ 864-457-1005 or email@example.com.
SCHOLARSHIP VALUE $4,000
• Operation Hope has a total of $4,000 to award up to four scholarships. All monies will be paid directly to the applicant’s school of enrollment or to assist them with the vocation they are entering.
Operation Hope, Inc. ~ created to make a difference ~ believes the way forward in life is to offer people a hand UP not a hand out!