- Reside within the Spartanburg School District One area; and, enrolled in either a public or private school, Swofford Career Center, or home-schooled
- Obtain a high school diploma in May/June 2021
- Graduate with a 3.0 minimum GPA based on a weighted 4.0 grading scale
- Recipients must be accepted/enrolled for Fall 2021 at a technical/trade school, college or university
- Consideration to first-time immediate family member furthering their education beyond high school
- Recipients are required but not limited to volunteer 10 hours at Operation Hope, Inc. prior to beginning their Fall 2021 semester
- Operation Hope does not discriminate as to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
- Applications may be obtained from the Guidance Counselor offices of Landrum High School and Chapman High School, Swofford Career Center, Operation Hope, or www.Operationhopelandrum.org.
- Complete the application in its entirety; Application packet must include:
- Completed application
- Copy of applicants’ high school transcript
- Letters of recommendation from two of the applicants’ current or former high school teachers
- A 200+ word double-spaced essay using 12-font Times New Roman authored by the applicant
TOPIC FOR THE ESSAY: Describe the people in your life whom have influenced your heart for community outreach. Share about the community services you have been involved with and what impact it has had on you? Share what areas of Operation Hope ministries intrigue you.
- DEADLINE: Friday, February 26 @ 5:00pm!
- Completed packets are to be post-marked or received by Operation Hope, Inc. Attention: Director, Susan Tompkins, 206 East Rutherford Street, Landrum, SC 29356
- Applications, letters of recommendation and essay will be reviewed by a committee made up of the director, board members, and volunteers of Operation Hope;
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be determined based on their community service, recommendation letters, essay, and character;
- Applicants who do not adhere to procedures and qualifications will not be considered. If anyone has questions about the criteria, eligibility or process, please contact Susan Tompkins @ 864-457-2812 or email@example.com
Scholarship Value $4,000
- The OH Review Committee has the discretion to award up to four scholarships totaling no more than $4,000
Operation Hope, Inc. ~ created to make a difference ~ believes the way forward in life is to offer people a hand UP not a hand out!