- Reside in and currently enrolled within the Spartanburg School District One area;
- Obtain a high school diploma in May/June 2020;
- Graduate with a 3.0 minimum GPA based on a weighted 4.0 grading scale;
- Recipients must be accepted and enrolled for Fall 2020 in a technical school, college or university;
- Recipients are required but not limited to volunteer 10 hours at Operation Hope, Inc. prior to beginning their Fall 2020 semester.
- Operation Hope does not discriminate as to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
- Applications may be picked up from the Guidance Counselor offices of Landrum High School and Chapman High School, at Operation Hope, or online at www.operationhopelandrum.org;
- Complete the application in its entirety;
- Enclose a copy of applicant’s high school transcript;
- Provide sealed letters of recommendation from two of applicant’s current teachers;
- Enclose a 200-word or more, double-spaced essay using 12-font Times New Roman prepared by the applicant;
- DEADLINE: Friday, January 31, 2020 @ 5:00pm. No exceptions.
- ADDRESS: Dropped off at or post-marked to Operation Hope, Inc. 206 East Rutherford Street, Landrum, SC 29356. Attention: Director, Susan Tompkins
- TOPIC FOR THE ESSAY: Describe the people in your life whom have influenced your heart for community outreach. Explain the types of community service you have been involved with and what impact it has had on you? Share what areas of Operation Hope ministries intrigue you.
- Applications, letters of recommendation and essay will be reviewed by a committee made up of the director, board members, and volunteers of Operation Hope;
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be determined based on their community service, recommendation letters, essay, and character;
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be notified by March 6, 2020.
- NOTE: Applicants who do not adhere to procedures and qualifications will not be considered.
Scholarship Value $2,000
- The review committee has the discretion and option to award one to four scholarships each year totaling up to $2,000. Amounts are determined by number of eligible applicants.
Operation Hope, Inc. ~ created to make a difference ~ believes the way forward in life is to offer people a hand UP not a hand out!